What are STEM Forums?
STEM Forums are half day events that bring together STEM researchers, entrepreneurs, and practitioners who share with high school students how their innovations will change the world and what they have learned through their experiences. Students work with college mentors to develop a new product, service, or problem-solving innovation that they pitch “Shark Tank” style to their peers. This experience encourages students to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that will help them prepare for their future and which students will use throughout the Believe in Ohio program.
Eleven STEM Entrepreneurship & Innovation Forums were held across the State of Ohio in October, November, and early December 2019, with additional Forums planned to be held during 2020 in Northeast Ohio and Southwest Ohio.
STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum Information
- Forums will begin at 9:40 am and end at 1:00 pm.
- All Ohio high school students are invited to attend, with students attending as part of a teacher or parent chaperoned group. (Limit of 30 per school.)
- Teachers will also learn about how their students can compete for cash awards as part of a Believe in Ohio STEM Commercialization Plan or STEM Business Plan competition at their high school.
- As capacity is limited, registrations will be accepted as space is available. Transportation subsidies of $100 are available to schools that bring 15 or more students.
- Speaker names and bios at each Forum will be published a few weeks before each event.
- Click here to see an example agenda for the STEM Forum
- Teachers – click here to learn more about the Believe in Ohio program and receive more information from our STEM Advocates
2019 STEM Forums
The following colleges and universities invited Ohio high school students to their campuses to help prepare them for their future.
Forums for 2020 are being scheduled, and the dates will be posted soon!
- Ohio Wesleyan University, Thursday, November 14, 2019
- The Ohio State University, Main Campus, Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Bowling Green State University, Main Campus, December 5, 2019
- Kent State University, Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- John Carroll University, Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Lorain County Community College, Monday, November 11, 2019
- Cleveland State University, Tuesday, November 26, 2019
- University of Rio Grande, Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Ohio University, Main Campus, Monday, November 18, 2019
- Edison State College, Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Highlights from previous STEM Forums
Below are presentations from previous STEM Forums.