What are STEM Forums?
STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forums are half day events that bring together STEM researchers, entrepreneurs, and practitioners who share with high school students how their innovations will change the world and what they have learned through their experiences. Students work with college mentors to develop a new product, service, or problem-solving innovation that they pitch “Shark Tank” style to their peers. This experience encourages students to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that will help them prepare for their future and which students will use throughout the Believe in Ohio program.
Ten STEM Entrepreneurship & Innovation Forums were held across the State of Ohio in October, November, and early December 2019, with additional Forums planned to be held during 2020 across Ohio.
STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum Information
- Forums will begin at 9:40 am and end at 1:00 pm.
- All Ohio high school students are invited to attend, with students attending as part of a teacher or parent chaperoned group. (Limit of 30 per school.)
- Teachers will also learn about how their students can compete for cash awards as part of a Believe in Ohio STEM Commercialization Plan or STEM Business Plan competition at their high school.
- As capacity is limited, registrations will be accepted as space is available. Transportation subsidies of $100 are available to schools that bring 15 or more students.
- Speaker names and bios at each Forum will be published a few weeks before each event.
2019 STEM Forums
- Bowling Green State University
- Cleveland State University
- Edison State Community College
- John Carroll University
- Kent State University
- Lorain County Community College
- Ohio State University
- Ohio University
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- University of Rio Grande
Register for 2020 STEM Forums
Click on the dates below to register for a STEM Entrepreneurship Forum
- Thursday, March 26, 2020, The University of Toledo – Forum Canceled
- Thursday, April 2, 2020, The University of Akron – The onsite forum at the University of Akron has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus. STAY TUNED for more details regarding an online, interactive version of our Forum program that is being developed.